Resident Evil 2 Remake (RE2 Remake) is full of secrets and Easter eggs (like hidden references to previous games), has many unlockables including modes, weapons, and costumes, and also a few ways to cheat.
Like the original game, there are several modes included as unlockables with different characters and scenarios.
We have also created Tips and Walkthrough pages for the unlockable modes:
- Unbreakable Combat Knife – Destroy all Mr. Raccoon Toys to unlock.
- Unlimited Ammo Samurai Edge Handgun – S-Rank the game on Standard Difficulty to unlock.
- Unlimited Ammo LE-5 Submachine Gun – S-Rank the game on Hardcore Difficulty to unlock.
- Unlimited Ammo Rocket Launcher – S+ rank the game as Leon on Standard Difficulty
- Unlimited Ammo Minigun – S+ rank the game as Claire on Standard Difficulty
To unlock these weapons is no easy task. In order to S-Rank the game, you will need to complete a Character’s Story or Second Run in record time. On Standard Difficulty, you must complete the Main Story in under 3:30, or complete the Second Run in under 3:00. On Hardcore Difficulty, it’s even shorter – under 2:30 for the Main Story, and under 2:00 for the Second Run. The only thing that effects the S-Rank is time – nothing else matters, and you cannot achieve this rank on Assisted Difficulty.
In order to get the coveted S+ Rank, you must meet the criteria of an S-Rank in terms of time spent, but also can only save your game up to 3 times!
Because speed is so important, you’ll likely want to play the game with both Character’s once to become familiar with the route – and get the Unbreakable Combat Knife by destroying all Mr. Raccoon Toys.
When attempting the S-Rank run, it’s important to note that the timer stops when the game is paused – but if you die and choose to continue the game and load a previous save, the timer will not reset back to the last checkpoint. Instead, quit the game and then load back in to avoid wasting valuable time.
Be sure to S-Rank the game on Standard first, as the Unlimited Ammo Samurai Edge will be essential for clearing the game quickly on Hardcore Difficulty!
These are all of the codes you can complete at any time in Resident Evil 2 Remake, allowing you to get some items out of order. A full explanation of every RE2 code and combination, as well as the items you get, can be found here.
- Lion Statue Lock Solution – Lion, Leafy Branch, Bird
- Rookie’s First Assignment Initials in West Office Solution – Left Lock: NED, Right Lock: MRG
- 3F Stairs Dial Lock (Letters) Solution – DCM (Found in a film roll).
- Unicorn Statue Lock Solution – Fish, Scorpion, Vase
- Men’s Locker Room Dial Lock (Letters) Solution – CAP – Found in note in room attached to Operations Room.
- West Office Safe Solution – Left 9, Right 15, Left 7 – Found in S.T.A.R.S. Office memo.
- Maiden Statue Lock Solution – Woman, Bow, Snake
- Waiting Room Safe Solution – Left 6, Right 2, Left 11 – Found in Confiscation Report File
- Control Room Dial Lock (Letters) Solution – SZF – Found in Jazz Festival Flyer
- Treatment Pool Room Safe Solution – Left 2, Right 12, Left 8 – Found on side of safe (lol!)
- Greenhouse Control Room Code 1 Solution – F, II, two small L shapes, and F – Found on ladder top
- Greenhouse Control Room Code 2 Solution – Two L, L, I, a big square above a little square, and a thicker I – Found on bottom of DNA Trophy
In the Sewers, use the T-Bar Handle to open the door to the Worker’s Lift in the Lower Waterway, and inside you’ll find a lift going up to the Workroom on the upper floor with Film Roll: Hiding Places. Develop this film in the Dark Room to reveal two hidden locations. Note: These will not appear as interactive unless you developed the film!
The top photo is a tough one – but there is one isolated desk in an office with a flag – the S.T.A.R.S. Office. Take the path through the Library to get to the office, and inspect the solitary office desk to find a Wooden Box, which you can inspect to find an upgrade to your weapon.
There’s also something else that’s easily missed tucked in the back of the drawer – look again to find another Roll Film: Rising Rookie hidden at the back of the drawer. You can develop this back at the Dark Room to get the Rising Rookie photo File, a picture of Rebecca Chambers from the first Resident Evil game.
Was this guide helpful?