Shortly after Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone aired on the CBS All Access streaming service, the anthology series was renewed for a second season. And while there is no specific release date for the series–outside of sometime in 2020–the episode titles and cast lists have been revealed for the new season.
During the CBS All Access executive session at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, those in attendance got a better look at who is involved in the upcoming season. This year’s offering will consist of 10 episodes, streaming exclusively on CBS All Access.
Executive producer and narrator of each episode, Jordan Peele, will be writing the episode titled “Downtime.” During the first season, Peele was involved in the story for “Nightmare at 30,000 Feet,” which is a contemporary update to the classic Twilight Zone episode “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.” Peele’s episode will star Morena Baccarin (Gotham) and Tony Hale (Arrested Development).
X-Files writer and producer Glen Morgan–who wrote for Season 1 of Twilight Zone–will return for the episode titled “8,” which stars Joel McHale. And McHale isn’t the only star from Community making an appearance this season. Gillian Jacobs will star in the episode “Meet in the Middle,” which is written by Emily C. Chang and Sara Amini, the producers, stars, and writers behind Misery Loves Company.
Below, you’ll find the titles, stars, and writers for episodes from the upcoming Season 2 of The Twilight Zone. For more news from TCA, make sure to check out info on the new Child’s Play TV show on Syfy, the gritty Peter Pan sequel series, and a comedy all about a young version of The Rock.
Twilight Zone Season 2 episode titles and cast
- “Downtime” – Starring Morena Baccarin (Deadpool, Homeland), Colman Domingo (If Beale Street Could Talk, Fear the Walking Dead) and Tony Hale (Veep, Toy Story 4), and written by Jordan Peele
- “The Who of You” – Starring Daniel Sunjata (Graceland, Rescue Me), Ethan Embry (Grace and Frankie, Empire Records), and Billy Porter (Pose, Like a Boss), and written by Win Rosenfeld
- “A Human Face” – Starring Jenna Elfman (Fear the Walking Dead, Dharma & Greg), Chris Meloni (The Handmaid’s Tale, Oz) and Tavi Gevinson (Person to Person, Enough Said), and written by Alex Rubens
- “8” – Starring Joel McHale (Community, The Soup), and written by Glen Morgan
- “Among The Untrodden” – Starring Abbie Hern and Sophia Macy, and written by Heather Anne Campbell
- “Meet in the Middle” – Starring Jimmi Simpson (Westworld, Black Mirror: USS Callister) and Gillian Jacobs (Community, Love), and written by Emily C. Chang and Sara Amini
Twilight Zone is coming to CBS All Access sometime in 2020.
Disclosure: Twilight Zone airs on CBS All Access, which is owned by ViacomCBS, GameSpot’s parent company.