The 6th annual Her Universe Fashion Show will take place at San Diego Comic Con on Thursday, July 18. This fun event will be themed to “The Power of Fashion” and is open to aspiring designers who have a flare for geek couture.
- The 6th annual Her Universe Fashion Show is returning to San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) this summer.
- 24 designers will compete with their original geek couture designs to win the ultimate prize – the opportunity to collaborate with actress and Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano, Star Wars) on a Her Universe fashion collection for Hot Topic.
- Presented by Her Universe, Hot Topic and DreamWorks Animation’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, this year’s highly anticipated show will be held on Thursday, July 18 at 6 pm in the Harbor Ballroom of the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel.
2019 Her Universe Fashion Show:
- Hosted by Ashley Eckstein, the theme for this year’s show is “The Power of Fashion.”
- In the spirit of the critically acclaimed series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, the designs competing in this year’s show will be inspired by powerful characters, stories and themes.
- Many surprises are in store but the audience can expect that fashion will make a powerful statement on the runway.
- Two winners will be chosen, one by the audience and one by an expert panel of judges.
- Joining this year’s judges panel are:
- Ed LaBay (VP/GMM, Hot Topic)
- Liz Muñoz (CEO, Torrid)
- Lisa Baldzicki (VP Parks Merchandise & Product Development, Disney Parks)
- Meghan Camarena (@Strawburry17, Producer, Host, Actress)
- Merit Leighton (Voice of Frosta, on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
- Michaela Dietz (Actress, Voice of Amethyst, Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe)
- Kristi Siedow Thompson (Designer, 2018 Audience Winner)
- Cynthia Kirkland (Designer, 2018 Judge’s Winner)
- Jane Burson (Designer, 2018 Singer Sewing Winner)