Respawn’s first major update (meaning not one of the several server updates that have already been made) for Apex Legends comes with more than just bug fixes; there’s also special loot in celebration of Valentine’s Day. Check out the patch notes below.
The Valentine’s Day cosmetics will be added to this page once they’re live in the Apex Legends store. The items that they will likely replace still have a listed 8 hours left on the store as of 10 AM PST.
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
And here’s the message Respawn community manager Jay Frechette left at the end of the patch notes posted on Reddit:
“We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.”
Was this guide helpful?