The character Piranha Plant is the first downloadable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. She was officially made available on January 29th, 2019. Here’s how to add this carnivorous plant to your game.
1. Purchase Smash Ultimate before Jan. 31, 2019
Piranha Plan is available for free to everyone who purchases a copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, either physical or digital, before January 31.
2. If you bought a physical copy, you’ll have to manually redeem your My Nintendo Rewards. Press the + button with the game’s title card highlighted in the main Switch menu. Scroll down to “My Nintendo Rewards Program” and choose “Earn Points.” Pick the account you want to earn the points with an email address attached you have access to.
3. I you bought the digital version, you don’t need to do anything to redeem the points.
4. Check your email associated with your Nintendo Account you bought the game with, or redeemed the Points for. You should have an email with a code. It can take up to 10 days to receive, so be patient and make sure to check your spam folder. The code will be valid until June 2019.
5. Start the Nintendo eShop on your Switch, using the account you want to redeem the Piranha Plant for, and select Redeem Code. Enter the code.
6. Download the 2.0.0 Update for Smash Bros. Ultimate, With this update, released on January 29th, 2019, Piranha Plant officially joins the roster.
See Piranha Plant’s Special Move List
How to Get Piranha Plant Later
If you waited to get Smash, don’t worry, you can still add Piranha Plant to your roster. It is available for purchase for $5.99 USD via the Nintendo Switch eShop as of 2/1/2019.
Was this guide helpful?