Is a lich getting your goat? Are you having trouble figuring out the various systems in The Elder Scrolls: Blades? IGN has the tips and tricks, strategies, and secrets you need to succeed.
This page includes general tips and tricks, combat advice, and guidance on how to engage in the town-building, crafting, and questing systems. For more specific information on missions, weapons, and armor, check out our Equipment database and Quest guide.
- You can play The Elder Scrolls: Blades in both vertical and horizontal modes.
- Playing The Elder Scrolls: Blades in vertical mode activates touch-to-move mode. Tap a spot on the ground to move there.
- Playing The Elder Scrolls: Blades in horizontal mode allows the use of both touch-to-move mode and virtual controller mode. Drag a finger or thumb around on the lower left side of the screen to control movement, and drag a finger or thumb on other parts of the screen to control camera movement.
- You can unlock Abyss Mode by finding and talking to Theodor Gorlash in town.
- Theodor Gorlash can also help you change your race, gender, and other customization options.
- Since unlocking chests takes time, make sure to start unlocking your most valuable chests before you stop playing, so your new items will be available the next time you log in.
- Unlike some other first-person mobile games, you can’t fight enemies by swiping your finger across the screen (regardless of how cool that might be). Press your finger down on the screen to charge your attack, then lift your finger to release the charged attack on your enemy.
- Avoid attacking wildly. Healing items are limited in The Elder Scrolls: Blades, so the most efficient way to keep your health high is to block. Hold your finger down on the Shield button to raise your shield and dramatically reduce the damage you take from physical enemy attacks.
- Even after initiating combat, Skeevers will keep their distance. Charge up your attack and wait for them to jump at you, which signals an incoming attack. Release your attack when you see them jump to interrupt them and claim victory.
- Building new structures in town will increase your overall Town Level. Higher town levels unlock new crafted items, such as Steel weapons and armor at the Blacksmith.
- In addition to increasing your Town Level, building or upgrading structures will also increase your prestige, and cause new people to appear in town.
- Because constructing and upgrading buildings takes time, make sure to spend your resources and get things moving before you stop playing, so things will be ready by the time you return.
Was this guide helpful?