Overtime Challenges are a new set of challenges designed to help players complete their Battle Pass for Season 7. Released alongside the v7.40 patch on February 14, the 20 different challenges offer additional XP, a few new rewards, new styles for existing Season 7 outfits, and the ability to unlock the upcoming Season 8 Battle Pass for free.
That’s right! Completing 13 challenges will get you the Season 8 Battle Pass free of charge when it’s released later this month. Take note, four of the twenty challenges act as milestones as you complete a certain amount challenges, so you really have to complete 13 of the 16 to unlock the next Battle Pass.
The Share the Love event concludes on February 27 just in time for the new season. The same goes for the Overtime Challenges, but some challenges won’t unlock until a few days have gone by. See a list of all the Fortnite Season 7 Challenges here.
Need to jump to a specific challenge? Use these links to find the one you need:
Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands
Enter Fortnite Creative and enter the main server. Your job is to visit any of the four featured islands and collect 15 hidden coins. You do not need to collect all 15 coins in one island, not that you can since each island can only have 10. Keep visiting the featured islands until you find 15. Featured islands are currently changing daily!
- Assault Rifle
- Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Scoped Assault Rifle
- Hand Cannon
- Suppressed Pistol
- Dual Pistols
- Scoped Revolver
Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park
Open seven chests or ammo boxes at either the motel in the northern part of the map or the RV park northeast of Retail Row.
Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend
Be one of the last 15 teams standing in Duos, but you must be partnered with a friend from your friends list. Looking for a friend? Try playing a few matches and sending a friend request to any teammates you had a good time playing with. You can leave your username here in the comments!
Regain health from a campfire in different matches
Campfires found out in the open can now be used to heal like a normal Cozy Campfire! Find one in the wild and use it in three different matches. Make sure you need to be healed, using it at full health will not work. If you need to, build a ramp and jump off to deal some damage.
Additional challenges will unlock on February 16, February 19, and February 22. According to a datamine of the most recent patch, the following challenges will be added:
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs
- Outlast 75 opponents in a single match
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a racetrack or a dance club
- Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches
- Thank the Bus Driver in different matches
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend
- Visit different waterfalls
- Revive a friend in different matches
- Visit Named Locations
- Play matches of Driftin’ with a friend (Driftboard LTM)
Four of the challenges task you with simply completing different amounts of Overtime Challenges:
- Complete 5 Free Overtime Challenges (Powder Outfit Style)
- Complete 10 Free Overtime Challenges (Trog Outfit Style)
- Complete 13 Free Overtime Challenges (Free S8 Battle Pass)
- Complete 15 Free Overtime Challenges (Onsie Outfit Style)
Was this guide helpful?